View Garbage Pickup Day Schedule
Garbage and rubbish/bulky waste pickup occur on the same day, once per week.
Garbage must be at the curb before 7 a.m. October-May and 6 a.m. June-September.
Single family homes:
- One 96-gallon contractor-provided cart
- One personal container, less than 50 gallons (one box, one bag OR one personal trash container)
- You can order up to two additional 96-gallon carts for an additional cost.
Apartments with six or fewer units may have up to six carts.
Light commercial facilities may have up to six carts.
- Bulky waste, debris, and leaves should be placed curbside in a location unobstructed by overhead wires, water meters, mailboxes, and other items that could interfere with efficient collection efforts.
- Leaves shall be placed loose at back of curb; pickup is for four-month period: November-February
Collection NOT included:
- Bulky waste and debris generated by a contractor
- Trees and vegetation
Thanksgiving, Christmas, Independence Day, and New Years Day
If your collection day falls on one of the holidays above, it will be rescheduled, and the newspaper will provide notice, or you can check WasteProUSA.com/Meridian for the latest updates.
Due to current market conditions, recycling services are discontinued indefinitely. The city will assess market conditions annually to determine if and when recycling can resume.